Americraft offers several powder coating finishes that can be applied to industrial fans and ventilation products depending upon the environment in which the fan will operate. Prior to applying our powder coat finishes, the application of an iron phosphate pre-treatment is applied for improved adhesion and corrosion properties of paint coating.
Our standard “Americraft Gray” is a Super Durable Polyester TGIC power coating that offers superior outdoor weathering compared to standard polyesters. This powder coating is used on the vast majority of our products. The Super Durable Polyester enhances the durability and performance on interior and exterior metal surfaces. Key characteristics are as follows:
- Suitable in decorative applications where product will be exposed to sunlight
- Applied to agriculture & construction equipment
- Applied to architectural metal products fabrications & extrusions
- Applied to recreation equipment, automotive trim, truck bodies, lawn & garden equipment and related products.
In addition to the standard “Americraft Gray”, Americraft offers an Epoxy powder coating and a Zinc Rich Primer powder coating. For more severe environments, Americraft offers a hot dipped galvanized coating.
Epoxy (Interpon 100) – Cool White
Interpon 100 is an epoxy based powder coating that exhibits excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance. Fans coated with epoxy are well suited for environments in which caustic substances are present.
Zinc Rich Primer
Zinc Rich Primer is an epoxy that offers superior mechanical properties and chemical resistance. For added corrosion protection, we apply the zinc rich primer as a base coat to the Americraft Gray coating. The primer/top coat combination is used primarily on roof exhausters and any fan that will be exposed to outside elements.
Hot Dipped Galvanized Finish
Excellent “exterior” coating that provides total protection across the entire surface of the fan housing as a result of the “dipping” process. The galvanizing, zinc and iron interact and form intermetallic layers, which are harder than steel. Hot dipped galvanized finish can be painted or powder coated which adds another layer protection. This finish will provide decades of excellent protection in harsh, exterior environments. Key characteristics are as follows:
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Cathodic protection stops rust corrosion from spreading if surface is scratched
- The finish will appear chalky over time, but does not affect performance
- Highly desirable in salty air environments
- Can be washed down easily
Contact us at Americraft if you would like to discuss your specific fan application and we will help you select the best finish to meet your needs.